You can alternate the ingredients (that is, the ones which give it the flavour [almond,vanilla,mint essence] you like):
You will need:
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Baking powder (if not using self rising flour)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp Oil/melted butter
1 tbsp Milk
Chocolate Chips/tiny pieces of chocolate (m&ms etc).
A VERY large mug (not normal coffee mug size).
- Mix all the dried ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon).
- Mix in the egg until smooth as possible (may still be a bit lumpy).
- Mix in the oil/MELTED butter until totally smooth.
- Mix in the essence.
- Mix in the milk.
- Mix in whatever chocolate pieces (milk/dark/white/m&m's/dried fruit etc).
- Make sure it is all mixed smoothly with no lumps and no flour stuck to the bottom of the mug.
- Pop in the microwave for 2.5 minutes.
- Remove when done and let cool.
- Take a fork and make sure the sides of the cake aren't stuck to the cup, which they shouldn't be.
- Dust some icing sugar on top and VOILA! CUP cake!!
|In a large mug...This is actually a picture of the coffee cake I made which I'll be posting the recipe off later. The recipe is radically different btw but proven yummy!|
|Cake in a small coffee mug slightly bigger than regular size (see how it almost doesn't make it?)|
This recipe is exceptionally dangerous ;) Cake at the tip of your fingers?! Dangerousssssssssly good :p
It's not eggy AT ALL if you were wondering, and it's the consistency of a pound cake. It's not airy and fluffy but nice and spongey and yummy!!! You're tummy will not be disappointed!
It is simpler than any of the other cake in a mug recipes out there, with less ingredients and it doesn't overflow over the cup (unless you don't listen to the instructions and use a regular sized coffee mug (tisk tisk).
ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU!!! :)