All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


23.7.11

MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder!


MAC released their Magically Cool Liquid Powder as part of their permanent line in tandem with their Surf Baby collection (mentioned in my Surf Baby post). The powder is a favourite of many makeup junkies as it's both pretty and very peculiar. Prescription had their own version of this sort of powder and were actually the first I believe to have such a product. Since then they have stopped manufacturing their powder and many makeup junkies turn to MAC who only had this powder in their limited edition collections. Now it's here to stay!

Description:
A silky, feather-light powder, formulated with 70% water, dusts on to the skin as a cooling mist to set and enhance the look of any foundation. Beyond sheer: light-reflecting and translucent. A virtually invisible way to add luminosity and a soft radiant glow to the skin.

My Take:
I purchased this powder over a month ago and never got the time to post it and give a review.
I ended up picking up the colour Honey Rose, a pretty light pink with silver shimmer. It's actually quite scary and shimmery if you dip your finger in and swipe it on your hand. This powder is one you must apply very lightly and buff in in order for you to avoid looking like a disco ball. I personally would not use this as an all over face colour or to set my makeup as I don't like my whole face to shimmer/glow. Don't get me wrong, buffing/blending it in really does not have you looking like a shimmery mess. It actually gives a pretty glow! I use it as a highlight on the top of my cheek and my cupid's bow.
It feels lovely! My mother didn't believe me when I was describing the feeling to her (I've been searching for this powder for 3 years now as it was used on my face for a shoot). I had to get the MAC mua to put some on her and she is in love. It literally feels as if someone is spritzing cold water on your skin. A truly "cool" feel.
The packaging is nice as the container has a little sifter so you don't have to dip your brush in a whole mound of powder. I have avoided putting it in my bag or anywhere but my counter because I just KNOW it will all end up on the top. It' very easy to sift it back into the bottom but I'd rather not go through the hassle.


blended it it's not as shimmery as this

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment