All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


19.9.11

Nails like the night sky *

In a previous post (review on SH Xtreme Wear Nail Polish) I mentioned I wanted to try the shade "Gunmetal", and that I also did not have a great experience with the colour "mint sorbet". I decided to give the polish another try but this time in Gunmetal.

I am so glad I tried it :) I love the shade by itself, although after a day or two it starts to look a bit dull. It truly is a gunmetal colour, however the pictures I took show it at a grey toned, metallic blue (more blue than grey). I just got bad pictures :( Couldn't get the colour to show up through the bottle. If you're planning to wear this shade by itself it is beautiful but you WILL need a high gloss top coat to keep it looking fresh.
Gunmetal

Surprisingly enough it didn't chip at all, unlike "mint sorbet" which chipped on the FIRST DAY. On day 3, it wasn't at all chipped and I decided to amp it up a little with SH Xtreme Wear Hard as Nails Polish in "Strobe Lights". I pink toned, dual chrome glitter polish. I initially tried this shade on my toes on top of Essie's Sand Tropez...which by the way looks fabulous (less dramatic but still gorgeous)!

Strobe Lights

I think I have a new favourite nail combo:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Hard as Nails in "Gunmetal" with "Strobe Lights" on top.





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment