All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


30.5.11

Fav Nail Polishes for the past 3 months!

I've been gravitating towards 4 particular nail polishes for the past 2-3 months basically and I STILL love them!!

The first, which is an all-round favourite for me is Orly "Rage", a gorgeous rose gold polish that looks so classy and applies like a dream! $35ttd in Wonderful World, however they don't carry many and they sell quickly!
I absolutely LOVE rose gold polishes and another one I use which is slightly different is MAC's Soiree from the Champale Collection. I don't have a swatch at the ready for "Rage" but It's quite similar to MAC's Soiree which I do have a swatch of in my Champale Haul post. Rage is slightly more pink than Soiree but both give the same FAB look.

My second favourite is Essie's Ballet Slippers. Essie is well known for their large selection of pinks and wonderful pastels. I think they're probably the best at making pastel shades. The only problem I have with Essie is that they're not very opaque so in order for me to get a fully opaque, non-blobby/streaky look I usually have to apply 3 to 4 coats! Downer! But I'm still head over heals for this colour! It's THE PERFECT pink. Not bright and scary, subtle, classy and elegant. It's also suitable for any time of the year!!!


Against neutral background



My 3rd favourite overall is Essie's Sand Tropez. A slightly grey toned nude from their French Affair Collection Spring 2011. It's the perfect nude for me, though they also had another nude in the collection called Topless and Barefoot which was a more pink toned nude. It's a fab nude really and not too brown which most are and look muddy. I love it!!!



Ballet Slippers and Sand Tropez (Neutral Background)



My current favourite that I can see myself wearing a lot over the summer holidays is China Glaze "For Audrey". Originally I was looking for a sky blue to match Hard Candy's "sky" and "for Audrey" looked rather light in the bottle (a bit greener than a sky blue) but I decided to try it. When I got home, I wasn't disappointed that it wasn't even close to a light blue, as it was an eye popping TIFFANY BLUE. An EXACT match to the Tiffany & Co box colour. I kid you not! Compare it yourself!!! I LOVE IT!! I don't even care that it wasn't the colour I thought it was close to! It's a gorgeous, bright (not too bright) summer blue/turquoise. It lasts super long and it's so flattering! It's great on the fingers or the toes...or BOTH for summer.

"Fo Audrey" (Natural Light)

"For Audrey" (flash)
swatch against skin (I look tanned and I'm pale!)

If you ever see me around anywhere I'm most likely wearing 1 of these 4 colours...I LOVE them and I hope you do too :)
This may have helped those who were looking for an exact match to the Tiffany & Co box colour especially!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment