All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


15.8.12

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes!

While on vacation I had forgotten to bring along my usual wipes and makeup remover so I ended up picking up a pack of Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes since i've heard so much about this product for such a long time.
I finally decided, why not?!
I actually quite like a lot about this product but there is a bit I don't really like as well.
Here's my review:


Packaging:
I absolutely love buying wipes because I love how the packaging feels in my hands. Sort of crinkly, but like a parcel. I really love the packaging for this product because it's not the typical wipe packaging. It does have the little plastic sticker covering the opening to ensure that the wipes stay moist, but it also has a sort of plastic lid over the top of that. It's a nice change from what i'm used to. I know other brands have this plastic lid feature as well.

Price:
At $6USD per pack of 30, it's not a horrible price. Definitely more expensive than the wipes I usually use but it's not crazy expensive at all.

Quality:
The wipes are quite thick, very durable. You don't need to rub it to pieces on your face either.

Smell:
They pretty much....smell like...cucumbers. Not everyone will appreciate this scent though, since I didn't at first.

Effectiveness:
These wipes are AMAZING at removing makeup. I can see why so many girls have raved about them! You don't need to press into your skin much and takes half the effort of most wipes. I think their power can be compared to a MAC wipe. Wipes however, never remove ALL of your makeup but some, like this one, do a great job of cleaning up (followed by a cleansing brush or face wash etc). They take off most of my makeup in one go.
Now, onto the "soothing" part. Initially it was cooling and soothing on my skin. It really made my skin feel fresh. I guess it's hypoallergenic because I didn't get hives, break out or turn red. HOWEVER, after about 1 minute my entire face was ON FIRE. My whole face felt as though it was burning. Like how it feels when you get sever sunburn and can't move a muscle in your face. This went away after about 15 minutes, but the fact that it even happened (not once, but every single time I use the wipes) just troubled me.


***************************************
VERDICT:
I wanted to like them soooo bad! They're effective, they don't smell bad, the quality is wonderful, packaging is great, price is affordable BUT the burning...I mean, that's not supposed to happen!
Nevermind I'm forcing myself to use out the entire pack (granted my reaction is only temporary and not severe in terms of break outs etc) but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

I would say to try it for its effectiveness, and the fact that a lot of people don't have this reaction but I won't be spending my cash to burn my face (now that I know it affects me this way).

Has this happened to any of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment