All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


15.11.11

THE most amazing foundation EVER

I've been on the look out for a great light foundation. I've found my holy grail in medium to full coverage foundation but I was debating on whether to get a light foundation or a tinted moisturizer. For a long while now I wanted to get this foundation but I had to wait until I went to the US so I could get matched properly and not just guess since this foundation is a bit pricey. The foundation colour matched me perfectly, it's light and OMG it's amazing.

CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA is AMAZING.



Description:
A new-generation texture. An unprecedented sensory experience. A unique makeup result. Rapid and easy application. VITALUMIÈRE AQUA. Apply your makeup without thinking about it.

Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.

My Take:

Feel:
It's not as watery as you would expect. You have to shake the bottle vigourously for a few seconds as the water separates from the foundation pigment. It's smooth, creamy and very light. Super blendable (I'm talking about fully blended in in about 2 seconds). It's not as thick as the ELDW light but it's honestly NOT watery. It's a bit cooling on your skin, probably because of the lotus water it contains which tones your skin.
I apply it with my fingers (which is recommended) and it melts right into my skin!
It really is very light on the skin like a SECOND SKIN (perfect description from Chanel). You honestly would not know you have on makeup because you'll forget about it being there which is wonderful! You literally don't even feel like you have on makeup.

Smell:
It has a sort of floral scent. Almost like a cream i've smelled before but I can't put my finger on the name. It's very light, not overpowering, not stinky and it disappears after a few minutes. I quite like it but I've heard that some people don't like the scent very much...good thing is that if you're not a fan of the scent, it will disappear shortly after putting on the foundation :)

Effect:
As soon as I put this stuff on (a little goes a long way) and blended it in with my fingers it immediately covered my redness on my cheeks and made my skintone look even and soft. It almost gives you a bit of a soft focus effect and a glow. The mineral pigment in the formula is what gives off that sort of glow. It's a natural finish so you're not going to look matte and you're not going to look shiny either. It's perfect!
Now, because this IS a light foundation it's not meant for full coverage so you may want to use a bit of concealer to cover up any darker spots you may have. In terms of uneven skin tone and redness, this covers it amazingly! My mother and cousins and aunt didn't think I had on makeup and I got compliments on how great my skin looked! Natural and flawless! It hasn't made me break out at all!!
It's not the kind of foundation that will hide who you are. If you have freckles it's not going to make them disappear totally...that's who you are. I have a few freckles and it covers them a bit but it doesn't mask them. My skin really looked so even and healthy.
Before
After (with concealer over the tiny little bump only)

After

Before 2

After 2

After 3 (see how you can still see my freckles but my skin tone evened out?)
****************
The best thing about this foundation is that you don't even feel like you have on any makeup, your skin looks even and glowing, it's SPF15, won't clog your pores, tones your skin and it's staying power is pretty good even after 10 hours. I am in love.

While I love the ELDW light, it's not an everyday foundation for me because of the fact it's something even though you hardly feel it on your face you still KNOW it's there and it's med-full coverage with a natural/matte finish. These days I'm trying to go for a lighter feel and finish so it's a bit easier on my skin and the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is perfect!

*************

It retails for about $45usd in Macys, Nordstrom and other Chanel counters.
I would advise for you to get matched at a counter rather than guess your shade.
I am a B40-Beige Desert.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment