All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


28.11.11

Lipstick for the Holiday Season!

Out of the Glitter and Ice Collection I bought ONE item.
I had my eye on this lipstick from the collection preview and I decided to get it while I was away. It's called "What Joy!"It looks pretty scary in the tube but the colour on the lips/swatched is soooo pretty and GREAT for the Holiday Season.
It comes in a cute little white tube to go with the whole Glitter & Ice theme.
It has a satin finish so it's not very moisturizing and may require some gloss should you need some shine but the colour is gorgeous and the wear is pretty good!
A really nice deep berry shade :)


Just one swipe (I don't like rubbing my new lipsticks into my hand to get a huge blob/stripe of a swatch)
**************

I have another lipstick to show you all which is from an earlier collection. I meant to put this up when the collection launched but I didn't have time.
It's limited edition from the MAC Me Over Collection 2011  :( So sorry you can't it anymore but I thought I'd show you the colour anyway. It's a great lipstick, a beautiful dark blue-based red with a subtle fushia sheen called Runaway Red. It's almost completely opaque with one swipe. It's also a bit scary in the tube but doesn't come out as dark as what you see. It sort of stains the lips afterward but I haven't come across any red or dark lipstick that doesn't!


Add caption
With flash

All my swatches that involve lipstick are usually just one swipe because I usually swatch them when they're relatively new and I honestly don't like rubbing in the lipstick on my hand, back and forth under a huge thick stripe comes out on my hand. To me that is wasting product. If the product is opaque you will see it in the swatch, if it is not then you'll see that as well and most likely I will do a heavier swatch next to it for comparison. Just a heads up if you're wondering my my swatches don't look like everyone else's huge thick stripe of lipstick.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment