All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


17.11.11

Yummy Sandwiches in TX!

I don't normally do reviews on restaurants/foodie places but the sandwiches from this place are amazing!
It was nearby where we were at the time and my aunt told us we should try their sandwiches.




A little background:Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys is one of Houston’s best known brands. Nearly fifty years ago, Mr. Antone introduced his Original Antone’s Po’ Boy and it quickly became a local favorite. Antone’s still makes the “Original” using the same recipe and quality ingredients that our founder used. We serve a tremendous array of other sandwiches, New Orleans style po’ boys, salads, pizza’s and sides. We roast our own beef in house, smoke our bacon, and use only top quality ingredients. 

Me!:
Oh yum! It's a cute set up, almost like a diner. I'm sad I didn't get any pictures because I was so caught up in the food :(

You can get anything to go and some of it is ready made so all you have to do is pick it up, pay and leave, or you could stay and sit. From seafood platters to italian sandwiches, meatball, roast beef to their Crispy Chicken Club (my fav!). They sell little sides of tabouli, potato salad, humus etc and ready made yummy looking salads (greek, grilled chicken etc). They also have a HUGE selection of root beer!

The sandwich I had, the Crispy Chicken Club, was AMAZING. You pick your bread and I believe I had plain sourdough bread. They toast it and slap a HUGE piece of crispy chicken onto it. The best part was the amount of avacado they put in my sandwich. My God, that was good! It has avacado, swiss cheese, mayo, tomato, lettuce and bacon (but I asked for no bacon). THE MOST AMAZING sandwich I have had in a very long time! I crave one everyday now :(

If you're in houston check them out! The staff is so nice and efficient. The food is great and affordable and most of all YUMMY.

Take a look at their website, stare at their yummy menu and next time you're in the area....
GO GET SOME ANTONE'S!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment