All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


8.6.11

Maybelline Fit Me Collection!!

Maybelline recently came out with a new collection called Fit Me, consisting of 18 shades numbered shades of foundation, coordinated concealer, pressed powder, blush and bronzer. They are all veryyyyyy affordable!



Let's start with the foundation. They have 18 shades so there WILL be one to match your skin perfectly! It has SPF 18, natural finish, and let's your skin breathe. They are labelled with a numbering system and are coordinated with a numbered concealer and pressed powder.


They say this is why we'll love it:
  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural  
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested
My review:

I took the shade 220 which matched PERFECTLY!!! I'm an nc30-35 in MAC at the moment. Usually it's incredibly hard to match a foundation in a drug store because they usually don't have any testers or many testers, and especially in this country if there are any testers they're usually really dark shades (apparently there are no light skinned persons in my country). I held the bottles up to the back of my hand (not my wrist because my wrist is MUCH MUCH MUCH paler than my actual skin) and 220 exactly matched it. I could have also gone a shade up and it would have still been ok as well.

The packaging is so sleek looking and actually quite beautiful, BUT there is no pump and the consistency of the product is almost watery. No pump + very liquidy foundation usually equals a BIG mess, wastage of product and is a bit unhygeinic. That is the big problem I have with many foundations.

The finish they say is natural and I would say that's pretty true. It's actually quite dewy unset and because of that I would not recommend it for people with oily skin unless you want to shine like a disco ball. If you set it with the pressed powder (which I did not buy, but is said to actually turn the foundation shade darker) or any pressed powder for that matter you still have a bit of a dewy finish but less crazy shine.

The coverage is light to medium I would say because it is so light and sheer. It corrects uneven skin tone (not extreme uneven skin tone though) from light acne scarring and just subtle blotches you may have and redness.
In terms of it having SPF 18 which usually means it may have a white cast should you take a picture with flash etc, I have not yet been in a situation where I've had to take a picture with the foundation on.

The feel is definitely very lightweight to the point where you really don't feel like you have on makeup which is really great because I hate feeling like I have on a mask.

I would do as they say, which is to apply with your hands/fingers because using a brush with this type of formula leaves streaks from where it has passed. You may be able to use a flat top kabuki to buff it in if you would like.

Lasting power is not great AT ALL and it transfers on EVERYTHING so I would recommend keeping some pressed powder or blotting powder with you throughout the day because you WILL need to touch up, and that you should apply your makeup AFTER you get dressed (which is what I always do regardless because it's not the smartest thing to pass a top over your face when you're done).

I have heard that even though they claim that this foundation is non-comedogenic that some people have gotten breakouts from this foundation so I would recommend that if possible to test it on your arm first and wait or just be very cautious.

Overall I'd give it a 3 out of 5 since it's super dewy, doesn't last long and doesn't have the world of coverage.





The concealer is coordinated with the foundation and my shade 220 was coordinated with the shade 20 in concealer. They say the concealer blends effortlessly, looks natural and is breathable.

I particularly like the packaging of the concealer with it's doe-foot applicator. The consistency is thicker than the foundation itself and they say you should dot it on and pat it in under your eyes or on imperfections. I find that 20 is great for under the eyes as it brightens, feels smooth and moisturizing and lightweight and doesn't settle into lines as much. However, for the rest of the face like spots etc it is a bit light for me.

I use it under my eyes and at the sides of my nose where I have slightly darker skin or redness. It's too light for my chin (not a lot lighter but just not a match). Even though they say to pat it in, it doesn't blend well like that so you basically have to gently rub it in.

I love that it doesn't make your skin tight and that it's so smooth and creamy. The problem that I do have is that it, just like the foundation, does not last long. I would say it lasts slightly longer than the foundation but once you sweat and wipe your face it's all gone.

I give the concealer a 3.5 out of 5 since it does not last long, doesn't exactly match a fart but is creamy, doesn't settle into lines and is great for brightening areas.

Yes, I know my hand looks very transparent here...

Lastly, we'll talk about the blush....OH, the blush. 
They say this is why we'll love it:
• Lightweight pigments blend easily and wear evenly
• Provides a natural, fade-proof cheek color that leaves skin the way it was meant to be...fresh, breathing, and natural

This is why I am so disappointed:
I swear, I saw the blush and squealed and the colour looked so gorgeous in the pan. I could not wait to try it on. I picked up the blush in Medium Pink, a beautiful bright pink with SPARKLES (subtle...but I thought I would still emphasize it). It almost reminded me of NARS orgasm for some strange reason.
I got home, ripped it open, disregarded the brush  (the brushes that come with stuff are usually mess), and swatched it on my finger. The colour wasnt as pigmented as I had hoped but still looked pretty so from my finger I swiped it on my arm and was like..."ummm....where is it?" so I swiped my finger in the pan again and then onto my arm in the same spot. Still hardly anything. Just a tiny tiny bit of sparkle. Where the HECK was the pink from the pan god damn it?! I literally had to swipe it about 10 times to get some semblance of colour.
I also tried it with the brush they provided in the pan since there may have been a reason for them providing it. Still nothing. When they said lightweight pigments I didn't think they meant lightweight to the point of non-existence.
I did manage to get some colour my using my kabuki brush and swirling it in the pan and applying it to my cheeks. Hardly anything still but more colour than before. After putting about 3 layers of it on my cheeks I got colour! Yipee!? I guess...
The only good thing really is that when you actually do get the colour it's very pretty and it lasts long. Longer than the foundation! woohoo!! I guess...

Overall I give it a 2 out of 5 because you have to force the damn thing to give you colour but it lasts long when you do get it. A real disappointment for me. I guess it may work better if you go a shade up. If you're light go for medium, if you're medium go for dark. I don't know...sigh.

Isn't it GORGEOUS?! :(
The only swatch I could get because it refused to show up on my arm...DISAPPOINTED.

The Verdict:
All in all, I think this is a great line (in terms of the foundation and the concealer) for teens and those who don't like wearing a lot of makeup but just want to blur any small imperfections. It is very lightweight, easy to blend and a great product for those who don't care for heavy makeup. You are guaranteed to find your shade in the line of foundation and the whole system where they coordinate the shades for you is lovely and a great idea. I would have purchased the powder, and may still purchase it later should I get a slight tan since it will make your foundation look darker than it is without the Fit Me powder. The makeup can be set whatever powder you are used to using. I love the concealer for under my eyes but not blemishes etc all over the face since it's too light for me. The biggest problem I have with the line is the lasting power of the foundation and concealer, and the pigmentation of the blush (I'm guessing it may be the same problem with the bronzer). I love that the foundation actually matches me (the only other foundation that exactly matches my skin tone is Estee Lauder Double Wear Light). The line will get an overall 3.5 out of 5 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment