All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


27.6.11

Relieve those dry hands!

Many girls (and guys) carry a hand cream around with them. Girls take a mini in their handbag and guys (whether they want to admit it or not) may carry a small tube in their car. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy stashing hand cream in their car and/or just using it. I personally don't find dry, crusty, hard, scaly hands attractive on a guy unless you're a construction worker or do a lot of hands on work which requires you to have hard hands (or else you might get injured). Some guys think it's manly to have dry, hard hands but it's not the most appealing thing for a girl to hold. Guys don't like girls to have ashy or crusty/dry hands, and would much rather prefer holding a squishy thing than a chipped brick. Imagine how we feel!

I'm not very religious when it comes to moisturising and I really should be. We all should be as a matter of fact. Skin tends to rip, tear and stretch easier (and messier...in terms of stretch marks) when we don't moisturize on a daily basis. When it comes to hands, when they're dry they feel sort of dirty and need a serious quenching. Besides the face, when meeting someone for the first time etc, they're going to notice your hands. If they're ashy...welll...it's sort of gross? I've been scouting for a good hand cream for a while. I LOVE the Bath & Body Works Hand Cream in Sweet Pea!! I actually bought one for my boo, and in that scent because I like it and it smells lovely!! :p

I came across Nivea Soft Face, Body, Hands Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream. It comes in a cute slender tube (easy to carry around in your car or handbag). It contains Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E for some super moisture and a bit of repair. They really don't kid when they say "refreshing". It's very moisturising and absorbs quickly and has absolutely no sticky or greasy feel! It really does provide a cooling sensation like a splash of cool water (don't expect the cooling sensation you get from menthol btw!!). It lasts LONG...almost the whole day I would say, so your hands don't have to feel that dry ickyness. It's not a designated hand cream as it can be used for your body and face as well which is great to quench any dry spots/patches anywhere on your body. I've tested it over and over on my face especially when I'm on the go and see a dry spot and I have not reacted to it whatsoever. It prevents any kind of dry/flaky look, and since it absorbs so quickly you won't be left looking shiny in the face! The cooling effect feels especially nice on the face as well!
It smells very clean and fresh but it's not strong. I find it smells like you've just sanitized your hands but more muted. The scent disappears after a few minutes anyway.





$33TTD (avg) in Superpharm, £2 in Boots and about $5USD.
Honestly a great product for a great price. Nivea usually has wonderful creams and lip balms anyway ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment