All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


7.1.11

MAC Eyeshadow & Paint Pot wonderfulness!!


The same day i got my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer i purchased an eyeshadow i've been looking at for ages now. MAC eyeshadow in Bronze :)
It's lovely! A frosty, bronzy brown...it is just sooo pretty. I bought it for an everyday natural look for the outer V and my crease. It's goes on so smooth and sooo pigmented. MAC eyeshadows are wonderful on a whole! It didn't crease, it looks good alone or over a paint pot. I also apply some under my eyes with an eyeliner brush to give some depth. If you're looking for a beautiful, frosty brown THIS IS IT! It's $120ttd and i think $14.50usd. It's a bit pricey for me i find so i know i'll probably be buying them in spurts and not very often due to lack of funds BUT it's definitely the best eyeshadow i have ever tried or had!!! I'm waiting to see how long it takes until i hit pan, though i'm sure it will last really long since a litttle goes a long way as it is extremely pigmented!




Now for the paint pots!! :D
I think this is one of my favourites things MAC produces!
I currently have Bare Study and Rubinesque and i plan on getting more!!!
I've had Bare Study for over a year and a half and i haven't even used more than a quarter of the container!! It lasts forever, but becareful not to leave it open too long or else it WILL dry up. It's silky smooth, creamy and very pigmented. You can use it as an eyeshadow base, an eyeshadow (it goes on shear but builds), or a highlighter!!!
I apply it with my fingers but u can use a brush if you'd like, but personally i think applying it with your finger makes it go on smoother and you can control how much you actually put on. Now, it dries fairly quickly so you have to work fast and any mistakes rub off immediately or else it will stay there.
What makes MAC paintpots so great is that they don't crease, they don't fade, they don't rub off, they're waterproof and only come off when you're ready to take it off, PLUS the shades they come in are just FAB.
They're priced at $150ttd in Trinidad MAC.
I love the shades i have. I use barestudy as an eyeshadow because it's a beautiful, frosty champagne/pink shade. It just gives you a little bit of shimmer when you're lazy.
I picked up rubinesque the other day and i LOVE it. It's a lovely bronze/gold shade...more gold than bronze. I love it alone, but i also apply it over my entire lid and use my MAC Eyeshadow in Bronze over it and WOW it looks wonderful. The eyeshadow pops more and the two shades look lovely together. I've gotten compliments on the combination and how it looks. A wonderful natural look for everyday :)
The paintpots, i know, will last me FOREVER :) It's a great investment and they're freaking BOOOOTTTIII-FULLL!!!!!

They are a makeup essential...you MUST have at least one, until then, your life will not be complete.

L-R: Bare Study & Rubinesque

As you can see the bare study looks as if i haven't used it, but i've used it almost everyday for 1 and a half years now. The Rubinesque is new btw (used only once in the picture).

Paint pot swatches (once SLIGHTLY thick swipe)!!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment