All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


6.1.11

Rave!!! [MAC Pro Longwear Concealer]


I never used to use concealer before because i never had any kind of spot on my face. In recent years i've realized that i have hyper-pigmentation, so any little button or scratch i have on my face stays dark for a little while after the fact. I also have some problems sleeping on time so sometimes i have slight dark circles under my eyes. First i used to use Sacha Fix-it Concealer which came in a kind of creamy balm form. With all it's thickness, it used to fade after a few hours :s Not to mention the lady who GUESSED my skin tone guessed it slightly wrong because it was always slightly darker than i was and i thought concealer was supposed to be slightly lighter than your skin or the exact colour. It also clogged my pores grrrr.
I told myself i need to go to MAC to get a good concealer. I had seen a little description of the Pro Longwear Concealer in a magazine i had and decided to look it up on the net and on MAC's website. After a few weeks i finalllyyyy got to the MAC store and asked them to swatch it on me. Thank God the makeup artists in MAC know what they're doing!! The shade they picked matched perfectly and after purchasing it, what was on my face stayed there until i took it off with makeup remover (since soap and water don't really do much to it).

Check out the makeup artists at the Trinidad MAC store in West Mall: Christopher Rama & Shenelle Bocas!

It does exactly what it says it does. It stays on until you decide to take it off! With my experience i found water doesn't make it come off either so that's great! (well at least i think so). It's a small bottle, about the size of my index finger or a little longer (i have long fingers though) at .30fl/oz. 
It has a small pump which i've learned that i need to press carefully and slowly or else i'd end up with way more concealer than i need (a little goes a long way) resulting in a lot of wastage!
You can apply it with a fluffy blending brush like MAC's 224SE or a small concealer brush like MAC's 194SE. It covers well (medium) but it builds so if there's a really dark mark or area, you can be sure it will cover it and stay covered!
Though the bottle is tiny, you don't need to use more than half a pump (or you might even use less!) so you can be sure it's going to last you a super long time!

It's priced at $16.50usd in US MAC stores and $150ttd in the Trinidad MAC store in Westmall.
Some may think it's pricey since Sasha has concealer for $30ttd (this was the only product i had from them even thought allll of their products make me break out), but the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is absolutely wonderful and you don't break out!! I can't find anything wrong with it!!! lol Except that you should be careful with how much you pump out. It stays on from morning til night, only comes off when you decide to take it off, it's quite lightweight and the bottle should last you over a year!!! Now for $150ttd, that is AMAZING. I personally thought it would cost me more! It's a great investment/buy and i swear you won't regret it.
THE BEST concealer ever!

Pump top

Size in comparison to a MAC Eyeshadow


I can't wait for the launch of MAC's Cham Pale collection in Trinidad!! I hope to be there bright and early to get what I already have swirling around in my brain :D

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment