All experience is an arch, to build upon- Henry B. Adams


5.1.11

Mascaras: the notable & the not so notable

I've only loved 2 mascaras ever out of the zillions I've had (well i love one and like the other). The one i liked was Maybelline Great Lash mascara which is available in Trinidad (not sure where though). I finished my tube already but it was wonderful and it didn't clump much, though this was years ago but i don't think they changed their formula as it is still a top selling drugstore brand mascara. It's a pink and green/ pink and black bottle (depending on whether it's waterproof or not).

Moving on!! I fell in LOVE with Covergirl Lash Blast Length (waterproof). I picked it up while I was in Orlando at Walgreens for about $8.99usd which is about 57 or 58ttd. Girls....it....is....AMAZING!! I picked up black brown by accident thinking it was black but it really didn't bother me once i used it. It does what it says, it lengthens!! Though it doesn't really give you any volume, but if you're looking for that subtle long lash look to make your eye pop a little this is great!!! I have asian lashes so they're pretty short and they don't curl. This made my lashes look long!! It's great for an everyday mascara.
Unlike most mascaras, the brush is slim and has cute little rubbery bristles which help to coat and separate alllll your lashes. I've had it for a while and still doesn't clump!! (to add to that i find it lasts pretty long).
I would advise purchasing the waterproof one. It stays ALL day, doesn't smudge or run, and when it's time to take it off it comes off with makeup remover and doesn't cause any lashes to drop or get pulled out. It is absolutely wonderful!
It doesn't clump, flake, smudge or run & the tube lasts very long....i would say this is a GREAT buy!


Now to tell you about a mascara i absolutely detest!!!
It is not a drug store brand but rather a top makeup brand: MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash (costs about $14usd or $100+ttd).
I LOVE MAC products...ALL except one...this little bugger just ugh!!! I've heard people have some good experiences with it and while i agree it makes my lashes look super thick and long I have to tell you about the horror.
First of all, i got this one in a "look in the box", and it was NOT waterproof so you can imagine what happens if u happen to laugh so much that you cry, if you're one whose eye waters when putting on mascara and eyeliner etc, or if you make a freaking mistake.
The brush, for me, feels a bit clumsy and big, and with my asian lashes i have serious problems. The brush either touches my eyelid or under my eye messing up my eyeshadow or making me look like i have a black eye because it refuses to come off even when you wipe it like a maniac.
It CLUMPS...ugh!!! which creates further problems (besides it being disgustingly clumpy) like when i blink it prints out on my lid and under my eye (you see the recurring problem here? black eye much?). It's frustrating and horrible!!! i just felt like breaking the tube!!!
When it comes to removing the mascara....boy is that another hell by itself. The black just smears n smears n smears and it almost seems like there are never ending layers of mascara that just won't come off!!I also experiences a lot of eyelashes dropping out or being pulled out because of me rubbing my eye to death to try to get this stuff off :'( It's quite messy and i warn you all to NEVER GET THIS IN YOUR EYE. During removal some little, tiny, itty bitty, microscopic molecule might end up in your eye...let me tell you...IT BURNS LIKE A MOFO!! I felt like i couldn't see for a few minutes. :|
Now some people may like this mascara and have had good experiences with it. I just absolutely hate it. It's clumpy, messy, clumsy and dangerous!! (However, it does make your lashes look pretty if you're able to get past all the mess).




If you're in Trinidad:
I haven't seen the Covergirl mascaras anywhere that i've looked, but I have a friend who brings them in for really great prices! The Lash Blast and most of the mascaras that cost about $8 or $9usd are $60ttd which is great!! I ordered the Lash Blast Volume....so i'm eager to try that out!!
Here's her link: Glitzy Britzy's

No comments:

Post a Comment